RE: Looking for a Majestic Dryer drum belt

Mr. Mitchell,

I have found the secret to decoding metric belts usually lies in the number printed on the belt.

What I’ve found: Your belt is probably marked “5PJ1270” or “PJ1270-5” (the “dash” can also just be a space or two in-between.) The letters “PJ” stand for “Poly-v -- J-Series” which tells us the type of belt and size of the ribs. The number immediately following the “PJ” is the metric length measured in outside circumference, usually millimeters. Use this online length converter if you don’t have a metric ruler. Any number before or after the “PJ1270” would refer to the number of ribs, which is sometimes silly because anyone can just count the ribs and there you go... I can only guess that you have a Majestic, Maytag, or Admiral dryer as those “PJ” metric belts seem to have been common among those brands.

I found a supplier that sells USA made 5PJ1270 belts direct to consumers online. You can buy just one, or two and keep a spare handy. Always in stock and low-cost Priority Mail shipping so you’ll get your replacement belts in a matter of days.

Hope that helps!